Well, Kolin just turned the big 3-0. He really wanted to do something special for his birthday, so I decided to throw him a surprise birthday party on Sunday, April 5th. (Not what he really expected when he said 'special') I invited some of his fellow resident friends and their families. He was shocked, but not mad at me thankfully. I cooked spinach dip, buffalo chicken dip, fruit salad, strawberry spinach salad, barbecue pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, honey BBQ/hot wings, chocolate chip cookies, and a birthday cake shaped like a tooth (Thank you to Marcia for some of her delicious recipes!). Yes, I cooked for 2 days, but I wanted it to be special for him. Everyone had a great time visiting, and the kids had a blast playing with all of the toys and running around outside. All in all, we had a wonderful time and are glad we had the pleasure of hosting such a wonderful event. We were blessed with nice weather and were thankful the snow waited until Monday night to show up. Yes, I said snow! We had about 2 inches this week. It melted quickly, and now we are averaging 50 degree days.
1 comment:
Happy Belated Birthday!
Post a Comment